Thursday, January 22, 2009

...is today thursday?

...where has this week gone...i've gotten pretty much not alot of art done at all...just a rush of the days floating by...well no..there wasn't much floating..just a BLAST of whooosh..and the week is gone...almost...

danielle had her surgery on tuesday...she went in for her procedure..(she had her gall bladder removed...dr. came out afterwards and said it was a VERY SICK GALLBLADDER.)...she had the operation done at 1:00 and she was sent home at 6:00...goodness operations go quick now...wham bam thank u ma'am...(or is it the insurance dictating that is all they will pay for...hmmmm

while we were there..they had told her that she should use their little chart to tell them what kind of pain she was in so they could administer the proper meds...well she felt that the little black and white drawings were quite impersonal..
so she hereby submits her rendition of the pain chart...

click on the picture for a bigger view!



...and in the maxx day to day...(that keeps us smiling...oh my goodness..that boy just exudes happiness)

he came to get me in a rush as i walked into the house..."NONNIE NONNIE...COME SEE COME SEE!!" "get the BOAT!! get the BOAT!!!"..and i'm thinking what boat?...he doesn't have a BOAT...at our house...hmmm...so i told him, "well go get the BOAT.."..so off he scampers to get his BOAT...i heard him making a bbbppprrrrrrrrrrr boat motor noise...in his room...guess he's driving the boat out to me now...didn't know what to expect...til he rounded the corner...




that's my happy memory for today! hope it brought a smile to your face..and everytime you IRON...i hope you can make that motor boat noise too! and sail off to some exotic place...!

hugz til next time!

7 comments:

Maija said...

Maxx is really looking like a little boy! He's losing his "baby"!

Unknown said...

Lol, great Maxx story - I hate ironing but yeah I will think of Maxx when I am doing it (family might think I am mad making the noises but I will give it a go) exotic places I would visit...list is endless so I can change the destination each time I iron...

And as for Danielle's Pain Pics that made me laugh, one of the funniest things I have seen in an age!
Hugs x

PattiV said...

Oh what a little munchkin!!! I just want to eat him up he's so scrumptious!! I have tears of laughter in my eyes! Thanks Barb and THANKS Maxx!!!!
huge hugs
Auntie Patti

Kelly Snelling said...

my goodness they sure DO get folks in and out for surgery!! i am surprised that is an outpatient procedure. who would have thought? not me! i hope she is comfortable and healing quickly. poor sick gallbladder girl. i think she needs a good ironing with that boat. captain maxx to the rescue!

Fran said...

Hope Danielle is feeling better. I had my gall bladder out when I was 31 and it is a long cut and lots of stitches, where today tiny holes. I had 177 stones and I had to stay 3 days. Danielle, I love your pain chart.

Maxx is a doll!!!
Hugs
Fran

JewelryByJaws.com said...

Hey Barb,
I'm happy to here everything went well with your daughter. Beth was telling me that your daughter was in the hosp.. Anyways, thank god it didnt become more serious.
I keep missing you at Michaels. One day I'll catch ya in there. I was upset because they discont. selling gs-cement? Take care, see you soon

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, he is such a doll!!! And what a good imagination he has!

xo
Dara

one of my sweet valentines

shoop shoop

the grandbabies

create your own slideshow

garden fairy purse

garden fairy purse

JUNQUE BRACELETS

JUNQUE BRACELETS

white bracelet

white bracelet

mary bracelet

mary bracelet

turquoise bracelet

turquoise bracelet

glass knobs

glass knobs

have a seat....

have a seat....