Friday, October 26, 2007

trying to get back in the saddle...

again and create some art!!! I finished an altered book spread for Jennifer last night...the theme of her book is "Songs of Childhood". I used some pages from a vintage childrens poem book...entitled BABYLAND.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The book is just precious!

I cut out two purses this morning so on to working on them while sirr maxx naps! Maddysen is creating sentences with magnetic words on the refrigerator. No school due to teachers convention... Mommy had to work today due to switching days off with someone else during our vacation!

I woke miss Kaleigh up at 6:30 this morning to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER! I've called her 4 times since to sing...again and again...got 21 more times...lol...i figure the labor i went thru when i had her is similar to the pain of my singing to her...FOR THE DURATION...LOL.. well maybe my singing is a bit MORE painful! lol
when she was born, david had just left the week before she was born for basic training in the army...

it took the army 3 days to get hold of him to let him know that kaleigh had arrived...and i specifically told the army in the message that I WANTED TO TELL HIM IT WAS A GIRL!!! oh noooo...the army had to call the hospital to VERIFY i was actually there and they released the info to him before!!!! then when he did finally get to call...he was plugging nickels and dimes into the payphone...(oh way before the cell phone thing...lol) and he came up five cents short!!!! i remember him asking the operator if the phone took pennies...lol...i told the operator to just charge the call to my mom's phone no....then realized that she was at work and my niece was baby sitting for shannon...luckily debbie okayed the charge...lol...oh the memories...

this is high birthday season for me...shannon's was the 6th kaleigh's is today, kevin's is the 31st...(always knew there was something scary about that boy...lol) then davids is the 3rd of nov...danielle's is the 5th of nov. (now THAT IS ANOTHER FUN BIRTH STORY...she was born in germany...) then robbie's is the 4th of December...THEN CHRISTMAS!!!! whew....i'm tired already!!!

have a wonderfully creative day!

HUGZ

2 comments:

vivian said...

that book looks wonderful!! just touching base.. so far there are 7 of us for the snowman swap. I made a banner. Could you post the banner and info on your blog to help spread the word? (the banner is at my blog) Also please email me your address! thanks! vivianneroni@yahoo.com

roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Barb, the book is GORGEOUS!!! Its birthday season here too! 4 coming up and then Christmas! I did check out the snowman swap but I am over swapped!!!! Take Care - xo

one of my sweet valentines

shoop shoop

the grandbabies

create your own slideshow

garden fairy purse

garden fairy purse

JUNQUE BRACELETS

JUNQUE BRACELETS

white bracelet

white bracelet

mary bracelet

mary bracelet

turquoise bracelet

turquoise bracelet

glass knobs

glass knobs

have a seat....

have a seat....