Friday, February 1, 2008

snow snow snow...

getting real tired of the snow...got 8 inches of it last nite...

a glimmer of spring...heather at speckled-egg just posted a sweet little nest swap!!! OH I SOOO NEED SPRING RIGHT NOW... Heather is just soooo clever at these swaps...coming up with new ideas all the time!!! and she has some really awesome new products in her shop too!

maxx had his pictures taken today...i can't wait to show them to you all...the girl at the photography studio..said she was sooo far behind...THEN CAME MAXX...they did 3 outfit changes all the pictures in less than 15 min!!!! she said that put her back on track!!!

you have to go check out this giveaway!
Photobucket

Catherine is giving away not one but TWO of her books! Her art is simply amazing!

well i am changing the theme of my kitchen...i am keeping the colors of black, white and red...i currently have a chef theme..but it is sooo tired and worn...
so i need a new theme...keeping with those colors...florals with some black and white photography? and they don't have to have a food theme...

SUGGESTIONS...IDEAS....HMMMM PROBABLY HAVE TO COME UP WITH A PRIZE IF I CHOOSE SOMEONES IDEA!!!

THE FLOOR IS OPEN...SUGGEST AWAY!

HUGZ TIL NEXT TIME!

9 comments:

Maija said...

Try a "French Inspired " kitchen - check out Kaari Meng here:
https://www.frenchgeneral.com/

lots of red and white!

CatieAn said...

hi barbara
I have a red black and creme/white in my kitchen. I have a vintage red and white quilt valnace about 18" inches in length. A matching one is over the slider in the eating nook.
I have a short space above my cabinets and display vintage tins milk/cream bottles and my collection of miniature black cast iron cook stoves. Behind the back splash I have vintage red/white/black framed advertising.
I also have one corner that is a display of vintage apple/advertising crates that belonged to john's great aunt and uncle. They hold our red and white enamelware and my raggedy ann and andy doll collection. I also have vintage large tins on display. I think those colors are so bright and cheery. we have an antique wood stove that is electrified, built in black oven and microwave refrigerator and black double sink. Everyone seems to love it when they first visit.

Debb said...

WE were suppose to do ours over christmas but got sick My floors is wooden on one side tile on the other
I don't think you fit in the hat I may need a bigger hat ha ha ha !! Thanks for stopping by.

Tamara C said...

How about cherries? There are a lot of adorable vintage cherry things out there including table cloths, crate labels, glasses and the like. I even once saw some new things in a shop that were creamy white with one little cherry on them. Soooooo adorable! For the black, you could add black and white checkerboard. I think it would be darling! Your idea of florals and black and white photos is cool too, though! Go to art dot com and search by black and white. Perhaps something will spark your idea!

My dream kitchen is going to be ORANGE! Oh yea! I've already bought a few orange items and cannot wait to refinish it all. Maybe this summer! Whooooo! Isn't redecorating fun?! heh heh!

peggy gatto said...

I would go 2 ways....either movies related to food...cocolate,babette's feast, eat, drink, man, woman..posters, movie food..popcorn bags, candy labels, soda.
or asian prints, papers, pottery, teapots...chinese red,origami.
I loved the other ideas!!! This was a fun exercise. Keep us posted!
peggy

vivian said...

Hi Barb! I have no great ideas for your kitchen! my brain is on tilt I think!
I had considered signing up for the nest swap, but I have soo much already going on.. though I do have a great idea for one! eh.. I think I better now though.
have a great week girlfriend!!
viv

Linda said...

Hi Barbara,
My kitchen is red, white and a rather bright green at the moment, I don't have any pictures on my blog of it yet only in the back ground of my chandelier photos. My theme was inspired by a print I picked up of a french cafe with their red and white awning. There are also at the moment lots of black and white prints of the eifle tower and other french photos around at the moment.
I hope this might help
Cheers Linda

vivian said...

Hi me again.. did I tell you how much I love your banner!
hugs!
viv

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say cherries like Mary E. but put your own spin on it. She does all the designs and borders with red and B&W. It goes well with any vintage collections.
or a retro 50's diner look.
Hugs,
Jennifer

one of my sweet valentines

shoop shoop

the grandbabies

create your own slideshow

garden fairy purse

garden fairy purse

JUNQUE BRACELETS

JUNQUE BRACELETS

white bracelet

white bracelet

mary bracelet

mary bracelet

turquoise bracelet

turquoise bracelet

glass knobs

glass knobs

have a seat....

have a seat....