Sunday, May 18, 2008

happy SUNDAY!!!

I have been involved in a scrapbag purse swap...(one on one) I swapped with a beautiful lady in Florida! Her name is Pat Bretschneider and I received the bag she made for me in the mail Friday! ...(i had to use pat's photos as my camera is in Ohio at a tatoo convention...lol..gotta love the kids and the "opportunities" they bring to my camera..lol) Did i ever tell you about the time one of the kids borrowed my camera (and i told them to take good care of it...) was one of those you gotta get the film developed so you can see what the kids were up to ones? well i go to pick up the pictures...and the girl at the photo counter..just smiled...i opened the envie...and there RIGHT ON TOP is a photo of one of the kids mooning me...gal at the counter said she usually wouldn't print it...but she knew me...and wanted to see my reaction...LOVE THOSE KIDS! LOL AND THIS IS THE REASON I LOVE DIGITAL CAMERAS...LOL

here is the backside of my new bag...(ya know there is something special about the front if i'm showing you the back first... hee hee


Flip it over and look what she added!!!



She included this sweet note explaining about different fabrics that she used in the creation!

Barb,
The two paisley materials are from skirts I wore in the 70's and the straps and matching squares are from jeans from the 70's (wonder what I was thinking) The pinkish with lavender scrolls is from a bridesmaid's dress I made for my nieces wedding. The rest are scraps from quilt and sewing projects. The button is off a suit my friend wore in the late 50's. The fiber under the butterfly is Angelina from a class I took. Hope y ou enjoy. I am fairly new at bag making but am trying.
Pat


..and she is NEW to handbag making!!!!!! wow! Wow! WOW!!!
THANK YOU PAT!!! I LOVE IT!

Have a wonderful day filled with moments that everyone takes the time to enjoy!

big hugz!

6 comments:

Villa Luftslottet said...

Hi Barbara:)
Lovely handbag!!! So artistic:)I love it!!
I hope you have some wonderful spring-days:)
We celebrated our (my english is a bit clumsy, I don`t know how to put it...., national-day...
Anyway, we had a great day. We where at school for hot-dogs, ice-cream and soda, and games after the ...oh my..."train"...he he, I guess you manage to "translate";)
parade!!
Family-dinner at my parents house:)
Have a lovely up-coming week:D
Hugs from Nina

sandee said...

What an incredibly personal handbag. Lots of love went into making that!

peggy gatto said...

Now this is special and so nice because you really appreciate all the love that went into making it for you!!!

vivian said...

hi Barb! what a sweet little bag! I sent you a little birthday present last week. let me know when you get it! when do you get rid of harold?
hugs
vivian

Our Hands For Hope said...

What a great swap to be involved in! I love the note of all the fabric pieces. That was cool.

roseroomnz.com said...

Gorgeous, take care:) Rachaelxo

one of my sweet valentines

shoop shoop

the grandbabies

create your own slideshow

garden fairy purse

garden fairy purse

JUNQUE BRACELETS

JUNQUE BRACELETS

white bracelet

white bracelet

mary bracelet

mary bracelet

turquoise bracelet

turquoise bracelet

glass knobs

glass knobs

have a seat....

have a seat....